The 2017 Minnesota English Learner Education Conference will be held on Friday, October 27 & Saturday, October 28 at the DoubleTree Hilton in Bloomington, Minnesota.
NEW in 2017! Exhibitors can now register to have an exhibit table on Thursday, October 26 during the EL Coordinator and Migrant Coordinator meetings. There will be a short break for coordinators on that day. Exhibitors will be required to relocate between Thursday and Friday.
The Minnesota English Learner Education Conference is a partnership between MinneTESOL and the Minnesota Department of Education.
The 2016 conference brought in over 1,200 educators and administrators from Minnesota and surrounding states! We estimate that over 1,000 participants from Minnesota and surrounding states will attend this year’s conference. The participants come from all areas of ESL, Bilingual and Migrant Education. Members of our organization teach in elementary, middle school, secondary, college, and adult programs. In addition to instructors, conference attendees include students preparing to teach, paraprofessionals, volunteers, refugee service providers, administrators and teacher educators.
Your company or organization is invited to participate in several ways:
- Send a representative with products for display or demonstration at the conference by reserving an exhibit table(s)
- Advertise in our conference program
- Contribute door prizes
- Host or co-host a reception/coffee break
- Present materials in a workshop session (if your proposal is selected). Proposals are due Friday, June 2, 2017.
- Promote your company’s products by providing participant folders or other items such as notepads, pencils, etc.
We welcome your active participation as we welcome Minnesota’s ESL, Bilingual and Migrant Education teachers to this excellent conference! This is a great time to increase your company’s involvement in our annual conference.
As always, we have set aside time in the program for conference attendees to visit your exhibits.
Contact Leah Soderlund (Leah.Soderlund@district196.org) with any questions.